2012/10/18

Cube World Name Discussion


Here's a first selection of possible names that I liked. It's not the final list, and I'll probably post another one soon. I'd just like to know what kind of names are well received and which ones are not.

Please tell me your opinion about each name and what you like and what you dislike. Thanks!

- Spirit Hunter
- Kyubu
- Little Cube Adventure
- Lost in Monsterland
- Cube Boy
- Kami Heroes

1,352 comments:

1 – 200 of 1352   Newer›   Newest»
wollay said...

What do you think about "Spirit Hunter"?

wollay said...

What do you think about "Kyubu"?

wollay said...

What do you think about "Little Cube Adventure"?

wollay said...

What do you think about "Lost in Monsterland"?

wollay said...

What do you think about "Cube Boy"?

wollay said...

What do you think about "Kami Heroes"?

intradox said...

Like this one the best.

Matías Waugh said...

I like "Little Cube Adventure" a lot

Haze said...

To be honest with you, I don't like any of them, none of them fit the game :/

Reluk said...

I like Spirit Hunter and Lost in Monsterland, sounds more "RPG"

Craig Stewart said...

Perhaps Kyubee?

Haze said...

Doesn't make sense because you can play as a female.

Acariah said...

+1 for Kyubu

Daniel said...

Kinda matches the characters a little bit, but it's a little weird to pronounce / spell.

H0lyMan said...

kyubu

Mat said...

Spirit Hunter is by far the best choice out of them all.

EvilCyber said...

I like "Little Cube Adventure" and "Cube Boy" a lot

Haze said...

But if I had to pick 1 it would be Spirit Hunter

Samylots said...

Spirit Hunter and Little Cube Adventure is the best for me.

Welor ~ Ôkami-san said...

Kyubu make me remenber Naruto x3

OnigiriRiuuzaki said...

none of them fit the game :(

Corey Blue said...

Kami Heroes!!!

TheTacticalJoe said...

"Spirit Hunter" is the only decent one there, no offence, but the others sound a little stupid.

Haze said...

But are we really hunting spirits?

Blanca Pdc said...

Spirit Hunter is a good name!!

Jima93 said...

That is the best i think.

Temeraire said...

Spirit hunter is the best in this list as - Little Cube Adventure Lost in Monsterland Cube Boy all those sound too childish

Sam Smith said...

I like Lost in Monsterland, but not for this type of game, I think Spirit Hunter works well!

Pipealex said...

Spirit hunter!

Magma Spire said...

Do spirits have much to do with the core of the game?

Midwatch said...

I like it, sounds more original than the others. :)

Salfam said...

Kyubu sounds great.

Gabriel Marques said...

Cube Boy is the worst, because of the multiplayer

Ditaction said...

I like Kubus

Blanca Pdc said...

I realy like spirit hunter!

Corey Blue said...

Alot of people dont understand it means spirit in Japan,sounds so bad ass and it's old school.So basically Spirit Heroes aka Kami Heroes

corin.rodger said...

Spirit Hunter

Martin Bergh said...

I like it

Caleb Hickmore said...

This one is my favorite :D

GEEK_CRAFT said...

i like the "lost in" part

Chris92 said...

Spirit Hunter is great!

Werint said...

I liked Spirit Hunter =P

Tiago Dias said...

Kyubu and Spirit Hunter for Me

João Lobo said...

I think that the name Cube World is okay.

Benoît Dubreuil said...

My favorite is ''Spirit Hunter''. My second favorite is ''Little Cube Adventure''.

The one I dislike the most is ''Cube Boy''

dawnofstorms said...

i say Spirit Hunter

InsanityBringer said...

Spirit Hunter sounds good, but how much do you think it fits the game?


Not a big fan, personally of the ones involving "Cube" in them. If there is any context for Kami Heroes and Kyubu, it would be nice to have, though as is I don't think the names are bad. Lost in Monsterland sounds silly, thought it might work if you're making a silly game!

DiamondCrasher said...

I like Spirit Hunter, very cool

Paulo said...

Little Cube Adventure = LCA. Has a good abreviation

EmilAFN said...

You'r not only fighting spirits. which I feel kind of is miss-leading in that way.

Will Gavin said...

I like lost in Monsterland

Rex said...

Kyubu for me.

Cirom Breeze said...

I think "Kyubu" and "Spirit Hunter" here are the best, mainly because the other ones don't sound quite as good. (Well, Kami Heroes sounds okay.)

Leonardo said...

Kyubu is cool

Blanca Pdc said...

i prefere cube world xD

Tiago Dias said...

I like Kyubu and Spirit Hunter

Anonymous said...

Little Cube Adventure!

Sebastian Reinholdtsen said...

i loved the name Kyubu :)

paobid said...

Spirit Hunter is a great name

vinimarcelo1 said...

Spirit Hunter ^^

Callum Pollock said...

I like this one, but what does it mean?

Stefan Lindfors said...

Personally I got hooked on "Cube World" :/

Toto said...

Either "Spirit Hunter" or, in second place, "Little Cube Adventure". Except that, I really liked someone's idea to name the land and pick a name for the game based on that.

You got a wonderful game there and you did alone (or mostly), you are very skilled. Good luck with it, hope to see it available soon ;D.

TigerrrRawr said...

Spirit Hunter!

Its_JoKer said...

I like 'Kyubu', and 'Kami Heroes' is ok too. What about 'Kyubu no Kami?' I kinda combined those two. Or you could use the english version, which would be 'God of Cubes.'

Max Lexandre said...

Must be something with CUBE word :P

Paulo said...

Spirit Hunter

Leonardo said...

im brazilian sorry four bad ingilish

Michael said...

I like it :)

Will Gavin said...

You should definetly do Lost in monsterland

Doremian said...

I vote for Spirit Hunter and Lost in Monsterland.


Atleast it doesn't have anything with cubes...
Besides Kyubu will most likely hated by big amount of people.

Ditaction said...

i like Kyubu

Rex said...

i dont really know what kami heroes has to do with the concept of 'cube world'.

NeonzNL said...

Little Cube Land

frikmans said...

Little Cube Adventure fits really well

Temeraire said...

yes there are rare things called spirits that you collect and use to upgrade weapeons and armour

Wtifsabanana said...

I think either Spirit Hunter or Kyubu sound the best.

Aaron Austin-Lacy said...

Kyubu or Spirit Hunter, the rest are average.

Paulo said...

Spirit Hunter or Kami Heroes

Wilfre said...

Still think BoxLand is a better name

Ravage said...

Rex, quit your shit.

I like Kami Heroes personally, or Cube Boy. Cube Boy gives it more of a childish sound, which is cute, while Kami Heroes makes it sound more aggressive.

Jordan said...

I like "Lost in Monsterland" but I dont think others would, Kyubu is very.. kawaii and may not attract THAT many players, your best bet it something like Spirit Hunter or Cube Boy

yes said...

Cucsboy, Protector of the Outer rim of Difks!

NeonzNL said...

Little Cube Adventure

papadew said...

spirit hunter makes me think monster hunter, Spirit Quest? i dunno... cant wait to buy it so i can play!

EmilAFN said...

Too much Japanese in my opinion.

Sprinko said...

I think Kami Heroes is good and Spirit Hunter is also good too.

Thomas Crum said...

I like Kyubu and Kami Heroes though they sound cool more than mean anything mostly due to lack of knowledge on them. Spirit Hunter seems more logical to me.

Toto said...

Oh, and Cube World sounds really nice too. Sorry for posting twice.

Justifun said...

Most of the generic sounding names are too generic sounding, and kyubu i don't know how to pronounce properly.

Rolin said...

Is there any connection between the name "Spirit Hunter" and the game world? Trying to find some context.

linidir01 said...

hard choice but i will go with spirit hunter

Crihnoss said...

ノト バド

Benoît Dubreuil said...

I didn't know you were deleting comments...

Alessio Dango Monaco said...

Yeah i Like Spirit Hunter :)

EmilAFN said...

To much Japanese again.

Lok said...

kyubu sounds cute tho.

EmilAFN said...

Agree with Max :P

ciao123 said...

why the fuck not cube hunter

Churumella said...

cube world is amazing !

dawnofstorms said...

but it could have the meaning of the player hunting spirit stones

Corey Blue said...

Kami Heores I'm telling you is old school,I made the the name because Spirit Heroes is copyrighted,and it looks like a JRPG so KAMI means spirit in japan so yeah.

xhris said...

KEEP IT CUBE WORLD, IT'S PERFECT!

Toshio Watanabe said...

Sprit Hunter !

Philip Birk Brisson said...

Kyubu, the only one that actually could be a name. If not, then I'd go for spirit hunter.

Dieter Nyanko said...

O like so much, a cute and japanese form from call the CUBE game!

Maxym Tremblay said...

all those names are very nice !! ^^

SynysterJan said...

Cubeception World :P ?

Bruno Rocha said...

I really like Cube world

Casey Huy Nguyen said...

i like spirit hunters. i mean the game does have spirits

Nick said...

Spirit Hunter would certainly work, if you're able to figure it into the story correctly.
My vote would go for something along the lines of "The Adventurer's Wandering", or something along those lines.

Gabriel Dena said...

spirit hunter is cool

Bart said...

Spirit Hunter sounds really good to me, not childish like some other sound, IMO. it represents (i think) one of the main goals in the game, and just sounds awesome :P

aiden said...

I like spirit hunter allot :D

Scott Johnson said...

Simple, but takes just a little too long to understand it. It's still cool and could catch on.

Rob said...

My opinion, i like Spirit Hunter and Lost in Monsterland, both nice names

Midwatch said...

I like Kyubu. :)

Awesomesauce_McGee said...

He can't, it's copyrighten.

Lucas Magalhães said...

Cube Boy sound Good.

Improvshark said...

what are your thoughts on cubeVenture?

Sophia said...

I like Little Cube Adventure the most. Sounds more 'sandbox-y'. It also feels like it will let us define our own stories in game.

EmilAFN said...

I like this one alot. It kind of clicks with the game.

Rolin said...

I do still personally love the name "Cube World". It's simple and and charming and everyone knows it already xD

Casey Hallis said...

I know it's not in the suggestion but World 3. Well, World X world X world if you want. For ''world cube'' or ''cube world'' :3

artza said...

+1 Kyubu :D

Krz said...

Little Cube Adventure is my favorite from that list

Keni G said...

What do you think about "Wollay"?

EmilAFN said...

Same as "Little Cube Adventure" It kind of clicks with the game :P

E said...

set up a poll?

Unnecro said...

Cube Boy Adventure

6host said...

Personally, I love the name ''Cube World'' but if you want to change the name, Spirit Hunter or Kyubu sounds cool.

KXSonic said...

"Lost in CubeLand." Not on the list but this is a cool name

Scott Johnson said...

I haven't followed the inner details of the game and the story so my question is what does spirit hunter have to do with anything?

willholden said...

Vox Hunter!

Golddworthy said...

Why do you want to change the name? Cube World is perfect.

Casey Huy Nguyen said...

lol dammit ravage stop spamming

FlayaN said...

+1 Kyubu

ghastlyspirit ebooks said...

KAMI HEROES

EpicDr3aMz said...

Cube Adventure or Spirit Hunter :)

Rex said...

I VOTE POLL!

Bart said...

But still, Cube World suits best!

blade said...

Cube World is really good.

Minecraftfuzbal said...

Little cube adventure sounds best in this list, but I still like something with hero in it.

zoom261 said...

Spirit Hunter is a realy cool name

Sharo93 said...

Kyubu

jaks Johnson said...

I think I like Little Cube Adventure

ctrl_a said...

Little Cube Adventure and Lost in Monsterland is the only titles not used by some oher product before, so they they might be the only ones you can tradmark.

Darvos said...

I think Cube World would be best its a good name plus its already known by that name. Changing it now could be counter productive.

Freeman said...

I think that 'Cube World' is still the best. Why changing name?

egpheel said...

Kyubu and Kami Heroes are awesome names! Keep up the great work wollay :D

Tom Nolan said...

Just kept it Cube World, it's better than the others.

Ouusige said...

Spirit Hunter sound good ! :)

Cyim said...

Spirit hunter gets my vote, rolls off the tongue.

Dava said...

Kyubu is awesome :)

Yuxqe said...

I think i'd go with either Spirit Hunter or Kami's Heroes

Magnus said...

I agree. Pick something which is easy for everybody to pronounce and most importantly - remember.

Doremian said...

Here is my opinion against Kami Heroes and Kyubus.


As we are talking about world's auditory we should think that there is a lot of "weeaboo" haters. Kami stands for "angle" at japanese. Kyubu is sounds very similar to kyubi, which also japanese word. I honestly think name should be in western style, as so both Spirit Hunter and Lost in Monsterland fits.

Ninjatoss said...

I really like Spirit Hunter and Kyubu.

Rucky said...

My personal favorites are Kyubu and Cube Boy. I also really liked 'The Grand Finale' someone mentioned earlier.

Jordan Carroll said...

Vox

Pawcee said...

I would rather have that the name was CubeWorld in one word but it is not on the list so I'll go with Little Cube Adventure

Seth Teeter said...

I like this one the best. It seems to be the only one that covers the entire game in a single broad stroke.

Casey Huy Nguyen said...

SO MANY RAVAGES. but kyubu,kami heroes, and spirit hunters are on my list

Scott Johnson said...

I recommend giving it a one word catchy title. I like the title "Kyubu" just for that fact, but I'm sure there are better ones out there.

Sneaky said...

I don't care for Little Cube Adventure or Cube Boy because they have the word Cube in them. I agree with your initial post; the game shouldn't have the word Cube in them.

Kami Heroes and Spirit Hunter sound the best to me. I think focusing on the spiritual theme is a good idea.

guy said...

kyubu

Nicolas Nicoliche said...

Spirit Hunter Win!

Teodor Krastev said...

Sounds nice if you ask me

Jacob Taylor said...

Kyubu is a very memorable name and it would draw my interest

Threule said...

Kinda sounds like Ghostbusters

Zach said...

I like Kyubu a lot!

Josh said...

Spirit Hunter! :D

Per Jonsson said...

CubeWorld is a fine name as it is.

Olaf said...

LITTLE CUBE ADVENTURE!

Adam Dinsdale said...

That's a cool name :) although i do also like Lost in Monsterland :)

Matheus Polonia said...

I liked ''Spirit Hunter'' and ''Little Cube Adventure'', but ''Lost in CubeLand'' is cool too.

Wulf said...

Spirit Hunter sounds way too generic. Kyubu is kind of odd, but I can see that happening ( Sounds like Cube-U ). Lost in Monsterland? That sounds like... Well, a linear platformer or something... Kyubu: Spirit Hunter(s)?

Andrey Clifford Sendow said...

Kyubu and Kami Heroes got my vote.

Justin Neal said...

I like Spirit Hunter

Smoot said...

I think its god awful please don't pick this name

Furyhunter said...

Little Cube Adventure or Kami Heroes.

Ayon said...

Good name ! =D

GassySerbian said...

Cubecraft?

Omegaron said...

Lost in Monsterland! :3

corin.rodger said...

Would not be my choice, i don't even know what it means (dang you Google translate for not working!) but i would support the game no matter what you call it

Lordician said...

Spirit Hunter sounds decent enough to me.
However, this would most likely implicate that spirits would be of a very big importance.
Now i know spirits can have some cool effects on stuff you gather, but is it really that important in the game?

Corey Blue said...

Spirit Hunter sounds like monster it doesn't sound orginal

Hayden Arp said...

I like kyubu the best. It's very unique and catchy.

guy said...

nonononononono!

Dawner Lopez said...

Well spirit hunter does seem kinda cool but it doesn't really seem like what the game is about

corin.rodger said...

yes, and magic in the game is also called Spirit.

Henky said...

"Bits & Blade"

EphemeralSynthesis said...

I like the titles Spirit Hunter and Kami Heroes.

ParaLink said...

I like Spirit Hunter! Also wollay, can you add just one more thing, Lycanthropy! (i mean a race with werewolves!)

Declan McMullen said...

I like cube world... But spirit hunter and kyubu are cool.

Tony Bedford said...

Cube world is fine! 'Spirit Hunter' has been used to death and is uninspired. How about Koobic or cubescape or something.

Argenis Vasquez said...

Kyubu, or Kyubu heroes :O

Aim said...

Neveround adventures from the recommendations still sounds better in my opinion. But kami heroessounds best from the list

Arthur Carramaschi said...

I like Cube World
but Spirit Hunter i like too

Benoît Dubreuil said...

Spirit Hunter and Little Cube Adventure are awesome.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1352   Newer› Newest»